ACLS Course Information
ACLS Course Information
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider and Recertification Provider Courses
Day One: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. | Day Two: 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
This course will present information, standards, and skills identified by the American Heart Association as essential for the majority of resuscitation efforts. Through a series of case presentations and scenarios, participants will learn to evaluate and manage the first 10 minutes of a witnessed, adult ventricular fibrillation cardiac arrest. Cognitive and psychomotor skills which will be presented include:
- Early access to emergency care
- Early CPR: initiation of one person Adult CPR
- Early defibrillation, both with automatic external defibrillator and with conventional defibrillator
- Airway management and oxygenation
- Recognition of dysrhythmias
- Pharmacology: used during resuscitation and during post-resuscitation care
- Use of algorithms
- Leadership in "running a code"
Non-Riverside Provider Course: $150.00
Non-Riverside Recertification Course: $100.00
(Fees do not include cost of books.)
- Recognize various cardiac rhythms.
- Discuss appropriate pharmacologic therapy utilized during resuscitation and during post-resuscitation care.
- Demonstrate appropriate defibrillation, cardioversion technique, pacing techniques, and CPR techniques.
- Demonstrate advanced airway management skills.
Riverside Medical Center is accredited by the Illinois State Medical Society to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians.
Riverside Medical Center designates this educational activity for a maximum of 5.5 (RECERT) and 10.1 (PROVIDER) AMA PRA Category 1 credits. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Rush University College of Nursing is an approved provider of continuing education by the Illinois Nurses' Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses' Credentialing Center Commission on Accreditation.
This CNE activity for the ACLS Recertification Course is being offered for 5.5 hours.
This CNE activity for the ACLS Provider Course is being offered for 10.1 hours.
These course are open to MD's, RN's, EMT-P's and other allied healthcare providers
- All applicants must have a current CPR provider card.
- All recertification applicants must be a current ACLS provider.