Thursday, September 25th, 2014 (3:00 PM)
Thursday, October 16th, 2014 (3:00 PM)
Thursday, October 23rd, 2014 (3:00 PM)
38 year old heart attack survivor
Rush-Riverside Center for Heart & Vascular Excellence
Rush-Riverside Center for Heart & Vascular Excellence provides comprehensive and advanced treatments for heart and vascular disease. Riverside performed its first open heart surgery on November 8, 1999. As of December 2012, more than 2,600 open heart surgery procedures have been done at Riverside and more than 20,000 cardiac catheterizations.
Services of the Rush-Riverside Center for Heart & Vascular Excellence include:
- Atrial fibrillation management
- Heart valve repair and ventricular remodeling
- Off-pump bypass (performed without stopping the heart)
- Mitral valve surgery
- Electrophysiology diagnostics and management
- Women's heart awareness and education program
- Three advanced cardiac catheterization labs
- Heart Scan, screen to identify the potential for a heart attack
- Fully accredited Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Lyle, a 79 year-old retired farmer from Dwight, needed quadruple bypass surgery. Hear what he had to say about his experience at Riverside.
Better and faster: Riverside’s Toshiba Aquilion CFX 64 CT produces extremely detailed body images quicker than ever before possible.
The Rush-Riverside Center for Heart & Vascular Excellence offers comprehensive rehabilitation programs to help heart patients return to an active lifestyle following a heart attack or heart surgery.
Heart Failure Clinic
Your questions about heart failure, including causes, risk factors, and signs or symptoms are answered here.
Through tiny incisions, the da Vinci surgical system and the skilled surgeons at Riverside Medical Center are making procedures easier and more comfortable for many heart patients.