Home Health Care Team
The home health care team entrusted to care for you are all members of the Riverside family, so you can be sure that providing excellent care with compassion is their top priority. Our home health care professionals have been carefully selected and trained to provide quality care in the homes of our patients. They were chosen based on the same criteria we would use to evaluate someone caring for our loved ones.
Our team includes the following home health care professionals:
- A primary nurse or therapist is the main care coordinator who works with your physician to plan nursing, therapy, pharmacy and other services.
- Registered nurses have experience in drug therapy management, ostomy care, post surgical and wound care, respiratory care management and diabetic care.
- Rehabilitation therapists are trained in physical, speech and occupational therapy. They lead patients through their physician-prescribed therapy and follow-up with their physician to adjust treatment as necessary.
- Certified nursing assistants help with daily hygiene. They can also assist with exercise programs and can remind patients when to take prescribed medications.
- Medical social workers help patients and families deal with the stress that is sometimes associated with recovery. They also help families locate community resources and assist with applications for various benefit programs.
Riverside Home Health Care of Kankakee meets the strictest standards of quality and safety. We are a state-licensed, Medicare-certified provider and are accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC).
For more information or to inquire about receiving home health care, please call 815-935-3272.