Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2014
Thursday, August 21st, 2014 (10:30 AM)
Riverside Stroke Center
Riverside Medical Center has received the HealthGrades Stroke Care Excellence Award for the second year in a row. This places Riverside among the Top 5% in the nation for treatment of stroke.
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best hospitals for Stroke Care in 2014
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Neurosciences Excellence Award in 2014
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award - 5 years in a row (2010-2014)
- Ranked among the Top 5% in the nation for Treatment of Stroke in 2014
- Ranked among the Top 10% in the nation for Neurosciences in 2014
- ★★★★★ Five-Stars for Treatment of Stroke - 5 Years in a Row (2010-2014)
- Recipient of Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for the treatment of stroke patients.
Stroke is not just an older person's illness; it can strike people of all ages. In fact, it's the third leading cause of death in the U.S.
Riverside Medical Center has received Primary Stroke Center Certification, by DNV Healthcare. This certification recognizes hospitals that make exceptional efforts to foster better outcomes for stroke care,
But being able to recognize a stroke is the first key to survival; and things like attention to high blood pressure, cholesterol and exercise can dramatically lessen your risk for stroke. So, Riverside Medical Center has begun the Riverside Stroke Center to help educate our community about strokes. Take our Stroke Risk Assessment Survey to see if you're at risk of a stroke.
Another key to survival is to take immediate action. So, from the first sign of symptom onset, call 9-1-1 and get to an emergency room, because one hour can make the difference of a lifetime for you or a loved one.
Why? Because receiving medical attention as early as possible within the first three hours of a stroke greatly increases a person's chance for survival and even complete recovery.
Also, learn what resources you have available in your area, and keep in mind that Riverside's highly specialized staff is always ready to help in a stroke emergency.
Certified Primary Stroke Center
Riverside Medical Center, the area's first certified Primary Stroke Center, has earned accreditation as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by DNV Healthcare for demonstrating compliance with nationally developed standards for stroke care.
Riverside Stroke Center
350 North Wall Street
Kankakee, IL 60901