Health insurance rules are changing, and the Healthcare Insurance Marketplace is on a lot of people's minds these day. As a resident of Illinois, the official Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace, called GetCoveredIllinois™, is open and available to you. So, if you are already insured, underinsured or uninsured, you can access GetCoveredIllinois™ to learn more about and shop for the coverage and policies that are right for you.
Please note: Many of the Marketplace health insurance policies will be quite different from the policies you may have currently and plans may not include all doctors and hospitals. It is very important that you select a policy that reflects your healthcare provider preferences.
Which Plans will Include Access to Riverside?
Access to Riverside HealthCare services and providers is available through insurance plans on the Illinois Marketplace. In-network plans include those offered by Health Alliance of Illinois. Plans may change. Please continue to check the in-network plans.
For a complete list of insurance plans accepted by Riverside HealthCare, please visit Insurance Plans Accepted by Riverside.
Why Do I Need Coverage?
Consider the following when thinking of your coverage:
- Coverage is an important part of being proactive about good health
- Individuals and families benefit from an ongoing relationship with healthcare providers, as well as peace of mind that healthcare costs can be managed
- A health insurance plan that includes Riverside Medical Center providers will cover wellcare appointments, as well as a team dedicated to navigating the healthcare experience for patients
What Can I Do to Enroll in the Marketplace or Change My Marketplace Plan?
You can enroll in or change 2017 Marketplace health insurance right now.
Important dates to note:
- November 1, 2016: Open Enrollment started — first day to enroll, re-enroll, or change a 2017 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2017.
- December 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in or change plans for coverage to start January 1, 2017.
- January 1, 2017: 2017 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 31, 2017: Last day to enroll in or change a 2017 health plan. After this date, you can enroll or change plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
Visit GetCoveredIllinois™ to find the health coverage you need or contact one of the resources listed below for assistance in navigating the Marketplace.
What Information Will I Need To Enroll
To best help you navigate the insurance marketplace you will need the following information
Gather your information:
- Your Social Security Number (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Your income information (pay stub or W-2 form) for every member of your household that needs coverage
- Proof of Illinois residency (utility bill, lease)
If you have health insurance now, have your policy information available.
Riverside HealthCare is a comprehensive healthcare system that provides the highest quality, award winning care available in the region. Our services cover the spectrum from prevention and general health and well-being to nationally ranked specialty programs and a full continuum of outpatient services.