Awards and Recognition: Our Most Recent Achievements
Truven Health 50 Top CARDIOVASCULAR Hospitals®
Riverside Medical Center has been named a Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital again for 2017. The Truven Health 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals study singled out hospitals that achieved superior clinical outcomes in this critical area of hospital care. The Truven study evaluates performance in key areas and assures patients and their families that the cardiovascular care they receive at Riverside is among the best in the nation.
Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals®
Eight-Time Recipient! Riverside Medical Center is one of the Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals® 2017 award winners and ranks among the best in the country on overall performance, as determined by independent and objective public data. Being identified as a 100 Top Hospitals award winner establishes Riverside as a high-performing healthcare resource providing exceptional value to our community. It means that our leadership team, medical staff, and employees have achieved national benchmarks for balanced performance in patient care, operational efficiency, and financially stability.
Riverside Is Designated A MAGNET® Hospital
The American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet® Recognition Program unanimously voted to credential Riverside Medical Center as a Magnet® Credentialed Organization.
The Magnet designation is one of the highest honors a hospital can earn with respect to the standard of nursing care provided. With this designation, Riverside ranks in a select group of only about 7% of healthcare organizations in the United States for nursing excellence. Riverside first achieved the prestigious designation in 2011 and has recently received their first redesignation in 2016.
Illinois’ and America’s Healthiest Employers
Riverside has been named one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review since 2012. In 2015-2016, Riverside received accolades for employee health and wellness. Riverside was selected from more than 5,000 employers throughout the nation as America’s Healthiest Employer in 2015. The America’s Healthiest Employer Award is earned through evaluation across six key categories: Vision, Culture/Engagement, Learning, Expertise, Metrics and Technology. Riverside was also named as Illinois’ Healthiest Employers by h Springbuk Inc. in association with Crain’s Custom Media. Riverside‘s employee wellness initiatives through the Riverside Employee Wellness program, REACH (Riverside Employees Actively Choosing Health) helped to earn these distinctions. REACH provides access to numerous health and wellness opportunities, education, and interventional programs. Through REACH, employees can make and maintain real lifestyle changes to improve health, integrate work and life and achieve a higher quality in their daily lives.
Riverside’s Recent HealthGrades Awards
Riverside Medical Center has demonstrated a longstanding commitment to clinical excellence, quality improvement and compassionate care as demonstrated by its outstanding patient outcomes across a variety of service areas including orthopedic surgery, joint replacement, valve surgery, stroke care, prostatectomy, cholecystectomy, and treatment of respiratory failure.
Consistently ranked among the top hospitals in the nation, Riverside Medical Center recently received the 2017 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ for the fourth year in a row. The distinction makes Riverside one of the top five percent of more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide for its clinical performance as measured by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. In 2017, Riverside received the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. As the only hospital in Illinois to receive both of these awards - Riverside’s commitment to remarkable patient experiences and excellent care is well-recognized. Riverside was also named one of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care and is the only hospital in Illinois to receive 5-star ratings in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Coronary Intervention, Defibrillator Procedures and Valve Surgery in 2017.
Riverside has received the following Healthgrades distinctions:
Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence™
- Among the Top 5 percent of hospitals nationwide for clinical performance (2012, 2014–2017)
Outstanding Patient Experience Award™
- Among the Top 15 percent of hospitals nationwide for patient experience (2017)
Riverside Medical Center is the only hospital in Illinois to receive both Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence and Outstanding Patient Experience Awards in 2017.
- Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care™ (2017)
- Healthgrades Cardiac Care Excellence Award™ (2017)
- Five-star recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 4 years in a row (2014–2017)
- Five-star recipient for Defibrillator Procedures for 2 years in a row (2016–2017)
- Five-star recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack (2017)
- Five-star recipient for Coronary Intervention Procedures (2017)
- Five-star recipient for Valve Surgery (2017)
- Five-star recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 5 years in a row (2013–2017)
- Five-star recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure for 8 years in a row (2010–2017)
- Five-star recipient for Treatment of Pulmonary Embolism for 3 years in a row (2015–2017)
- Five-star recipient for Colorectal Surgeries for 4 years in a row (2014–2017)
- Five-star recipient for Treatment of Pancreatitis (2017)
- Five-star recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 10 years in a row (2008–2017)
- Five-star recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 6 years in a row (2012–2017)
- Five-star recipient for Treatment of Stroke for 8 years in a row (2010–2017)