Puzzled by Where to Turn for Breast Health Care?
Trust the area's most experienced breast health program for the answers.
Riverside Medical Center's team will help ensure that all aspects of your breast health care come together like pieces of a puzzle. Our goal is to leave you with good health and good peace of mind.
Riverside Healthcare’s Breast Center Nurse Practitioner
Julie Sieling, CNP
Riverside Healthcare Screening and Risk Assessment Program
Riverside Healthcare’s Breast Center Nurse Practitioner, Julie Sieling, is here to help breast cancer and at-risk patients navigate the options and common questions related to breast cancer while complementing the services provided by the patients’ physician. Julie provides education and emotional support for patients, as well as their family members, serving as a liaison between the patient and their care providers. She also helps to guide and assist patients with key components of successful recovery.
The role of the Breast Center Nurse Practitioner:
- Serve as a communication liaison to patients, physicians and other health care team members
- Coordinate appointments with providers
- Follow up with all biopsy patients regarding lab results and recommended follow up after discussing results with radiologist, whether a 6-month ultrasound/mammogram or surgical referral
- Collaborate by explaining recommendations and sending films and records as needed
- Assist patients utilizing services through the Breast Center
- Fit wigs for breast cancer patients and order as needed *Wig Boutique wigs are donated by the American Cancer Society and each patient’s first wig is free of cost.
For more information about Riverside Healthcare’s Breast Center, contact Julie Sieling, CNP at 779-701-2777.
Riverside Healthcare's Breast Health Navigator
Allison Heil, RT (R) (M)
Breast Health Navigator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Riverside Healthcare's breast health program is your complete approach to care. At Riverside Healthcare, you can be confident that your care is in the hands of highly trained experts including our Breast Health Navigator.
The role of the Breast Health Navigator:
- Help you to have an understanding of what to expect
- Assist you with arranging mammograms and other diagnostic tests
- Coordinate your care
- Provide you with current educational information
- Inform you about services and resources that you may need
- Provide support to help you and your loved ones
- Keep your physician informed about your care
Please do not hesitate to contact the Breast Health Navigator if she can be of assistance at any point in your care.
The Power and Precision of 3D Mammography is Here
Riverside Healthcare is pleased to offer the latest advancement in breast cancer screening with 3D Mammography exams. Utilizing advanced breast tomosynthesis technology developed by Hologic, Inc., a leader in women's health, 3D mammography exams are clinically proven to significantly increase the detection of small tumors sooner than conventional mammography while simultaneously decreasing the need for follow-up mammograms and additional diagnostic testing. In fact, the Genius 3D Mammography™ exam is now the only mammogram that is FDA approved as superior to standard 2D mammography for routine breast cancer screening of women with dense breasts.
Clinical studies in the U.S. and Europe have demonstrated the positive benefits of a 3D Mammogram to include:
- A 41% increase in the detection of invasive breast cancers.
- A 29% increase in the detection of all breast cancers.
- A 15% decrease in women recalled for additional imaging after a screening mammogram.
3D mammography is part of Riverside Healthcare’s comprehensive breast health program which also includes screening and diagnostic mammography, breast ultrasound, non-invasive outpatient breast biopsies, needle localizations and more. For more information on 3D Mammography Exams at Riverside, click here.
Riverside is designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology and now proudly offers 3D mammograms at the Kankakee, Bourbonnais and Coal City campuses.
To schedule your 3D mammogram at one of our three Riverside Healthcare breast health locations, please call Outpatient Scheduling at 815.935.7531.
|Riverside has been designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.|
|Riverside has been awarded a Gold Standard of Accreditation in breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) by the American College of Radiology.|