Puzzled by Where to Turn for Breast Health Care?
Trust the area's most experienced breast health program for the answers.
Riverside Medical Center's team will help ensure that all aspects of your breast health care come together like pieces of a puzzle. Our goal is to leave you with good health and good peace of mind.
Riverside Healthcare’s Imaging Patient Care Associate
Riverside Healthcare's breast health program is your complete approach to care. At Riverside Healthcare, you can be confident that your care is in the hands of highly trained experts./p>
The role of the Imaging Patient Care Associate:
- Help you to have an understanding of what to expect when additional imaging is recommended
- Assist you with arranging mammograms and other diagnostic tests
Please do not hesitate to contact Maureen if she can be of assistance at any point in your care at (815) 928-5151.
Riverside Healthcare's Breast Health Navigator
Allison Heil, RT (R) (M)
Breast Health Navigator - email@example.com
Riverside Healthcare's breast health program is your complete approach to care. At Riverside Healthcare, you can be confident that your care is in the hands of highly trained experts including our Breast Health Navigator.
The role of the Breast Health Navigator:
- Help you to have an understanding of what to expect
- Serve as a communication liaison to patients, physicians and other health care team members
- Follow up with all biopsy patients regarding lab results and recommended follow up after discussing results with radiologist, whether a 6-month ultrasound/mammogram or surgical referral
- Collaborate by explaining recommendations and sending films and records as needed
- Assist patients utilizing services and resources that they may need
- Provide you with current educational information
- Provides emotional support for patients, as well as their family members.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Breast Health Navigator if she can be of assistance at any point in your care at (815) 935-7250, ext. 5037.
Riverside Healthcare’s Risk and Screening Program
Julie Sieling, CNP
Riverside Healthcare Screening and Risk Assessment Program
Riverside Healthcare’s Breast Center Nurse Practitioner, Julie Sieling, is here to help high risk patients navigate the options and common questions related to breast cancer while complementing the services provided by the patients’ physician.
The role of the Breast Center Nurse Practitioner:
- Follow up with biopsy patients regarding lab results when indicated
For more information about Riverside Healthcare’s Breast Center, contact Julie Sieling, CNP at (779) 701-2777.
The Power and Precision of 3D Mammography is Here
Riverside Healthcare is pleased to offer the latest advancement in breast cancer screening with 3D Mammography exams. Utilizing advanced breast tomosynthesis technology developed by Hologic, Inc., a leader in women's health, 3D mammography exams are clinically proven to significantly increase the detection of small tumors sooner than conventional mammography while simultaneously decreasing the need for follow-up mammograms and additional diagnostic testing. In fact, the Genius 3D Mammography™ exam is now the only mammogram that is FDA approved as superior to standard 2D mammography for routine breast cancer screening of women with dense breasts.
Clinical studies in the U.S. and Europe have demonstrated the positive benefits of a 3D Mammogram to include:
- A 41% increase in the detection of invasive breast cancers.
- A 29% increase in the detection of all breast cancers.
- A 15% decrease in women recalled for additional imaging after a screening mammogram.
3D mammography is part of Riverside Healthcare’s comprehensive breast health program which also includes screening and diagnostic mammography, breast ultrasound, non-invasive outpatient breast biopsies, needle localizations and more. For more information on 3D Mammography Exams at Riverside, click here.
Riverside is designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology and now proudly offers 3D mammograms at the Kankakee, Bourbonnais and Coal City campuses.
To schedule your 3D mammogram at one of our three Riverside Healthcare breast health locations, please call Outpatient Scheduling at 815.935.7531.
|Riverside has been designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.|
|Riverside has been awarded a Gold Standard of Accreditation in breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) by the American College of Radiology.|