At Riverside Healthcare, we care about you and the people you care for. That's why we offer a total rewards package with special and unique benefits.
In addition to a competitive total compensation package, you also have a vast array of benefit and perk choices in the areas of health and well-being, finances, professional development and work-life balance.
Employee Wellness - Riverside Employees Actively Choosing Health (REACH) Program
- Financial incentives of $520 per year for participation
- Free wellness services:
- Full access to REACH online portal
- Annual wellness lab work
- Unlimited personal coaching
- Onsite Case Manager
- Flu shots
- Wellness educational opportunities
- Access to nutritionists
- Onsite fitness classes
- Expanded insurance coverage in areas such as nutrition to support chronic disease management
- Financial wellness learning opportunities
- Workplace unity through challenges and competitions among departments
- Onsite walking path
- On-site farmer's markets
- On-site pharmacy with access to a full-time pharmacist to assist in medication management
- HeartMath® as part of our stress reduction program
Health Fitness Center
- Riverside pays 50% of the monthly membership for the employee and the first family member as well as discounted Enrollment Fees.
Employee Insurance Benefits
- Four major medical plan options; two PPO plans and two Health Savings Plan eligible High Deductible Health Plans with 100% coverage for preventative services as well as nutritional counseling.
- Riverside pays on average about 80% of employees premiums
- Two Dental PPO Plans
- Vision Plan
- Core Life Insurance and Dependent Life
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account if in HDHP (HSA)
Retirement Savings Plan – matching contributions!
- The 403(b) retirement savings plan - save and invest before-tax dollars through a voluntary salary contribution.
- The 401(a) plan - Riverside matching contributions of 4% to supplement employees' existing retirement savings by matching their contributions.
- On-Site Retirement Plan Counselor
Voluntary Benefits – with the convenience of payroll deduction, family coverage and portability.
- Life insurance with a Long Term Care Rider
- Cancer/Critical Illness Insurance
- Prepaid Legal Services
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Bright Start College Savings Plan
- Met Life Discounted Home/Auto Insurance
- Earned Time Program - paid time off program - hours accumulate in a pooled bank of hours which employees have the flexibility to manage based on their personal needs.
- Flexible schedules – weekend programs
- Leave of Absence
- Personal leaves
- FMLA leaves
- Worker's compensation
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- Military leave
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential counseling and referral service for employees and their families
- Financial Services - Two year, interest free, payroll deduction payment plan for hospital bills. Some employees may also qualify for assistance with medical expenses through the RHC Charity Care Program.
- Home Ownership Assistance - Riverside will match the City of Kankakee's $2,500 Neighborhood Reinvestment Incentive towards the purchase of a primary residence in Kankakee. (Total of $5,000 towards down payment)
- Convenience Benefits
- Lactation room
- Discount card
- Free parking
- Free prescription delivery
- Payroll deduction for purchases in our onsite cafeteria, gift shop, and health equipment store
- Cyber café as well as internet access at all of our terminals for employee use during breaks or other non-worked time
- Dry cleaning pickup/delivery onsite
- Onsite jewelry and book sales
- Cellular plan discounts
- All Faiths Chapel, Worship Services and a Healing Garden, Reflection Garden, Memorial Services
- Partners in Caring: employee fundraising to provide short-term financial assistance to employees in need.
- Approachable leaders and employee communication that support recognition as a Top 150 Places to Work in Healthcare for 2014 and 2015 by Becker's Review and Magnet Designation
Employee Career & Professional Development
- Tuition reimbursement - $2700 per year
- Nursing Excellence Fund
- Nursing Excellence Research Fund (NERF)
- Tuition discounts - discounts of 10%-25% with several colleges and universities.
- Nurses Ladder
- Training including certification review courses and CE; no out-of-pocket CE expenses for license renewal
- New Employee / Student Orientation
- Mentoring/Preceptor Training
- CME and CE: We are an accredited sponsor
- Computer Training
- Customer Sales Training
- Diversity Training
- Safety Training
- Riverside Young Professionals mentoring program
- Coding/Billing Training and Clinical Documentation Improvement. Free AAPC and AHIMA CE credits for CPT and ICD-I0-CM
- Virtual Medical Library: Riverside provides 24-7 access to medical books/journals and databases
- Training with Local Colleges, MOOCs, and Discounts. We also coordinate with our local community colleges to plan training for our employees and the community
- Shadowing and Student Internships
Recognition Programs and Celebrations
- Organizational Gifts and Celebrations
- Team Accomplishments
- Hospital Week
- Round Table
- Trailblazer Program
- Tell Us About You Forms
- Retirement Parties
- Bears Training Camp
- Years of Service Gifts and Dinner
- Birthday Cards ($5 lunch card)
- Connection Cards (peer/leader recognitions)
- Thank You Notes (individual recognition)
- Recognition Within Departments
- Written Recognition in the Employee Newsletter
- Celebratory Traditions: YMCA watermelon, ice cream social, pizza parties
Click here to download our benefits brochure.