Riverside Audiology offers comprehensive adult and pediatric care of hearing and balance in a welcoming environment designed to maximize your comfort, convenience and privacy. All hearing tests and procedures are done with the latest equipment in a sound-treated room.
Hearing loss is a medical disorder that affects nearly 36 million people in the United States. Impaired hearing may be caused by many things.
Older people are the largest group affected by hearing loss. The contributors range from excessive noise, drugs, toxins, and heredity. One in three older adults over age 60 has hearing loss. Half of people over age 75 have hearing loss.
Signs and Symptoms of Hearing Loss
- Speech of others seems mumbled or slurred
- High-pitched sounds such as "s" and "th"are difficult to hear and distinguish
- Conversations are difficult to understand, especially in background noise
- Male voices are typically easier to hear than female voices
- Certain sounds seem annoying or overly loud
- Ringing in the ears (
Hearing Loss Self Assessment
If you answered yes to three or more of these questions please contact Riverside Audiology for a hearing evaluation.
- Do you have a problem hearing over the telephone?
- Do you have trouble following the conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time?
- Do people complain that you turn the TV volume up too high?
- Do you have to strain to understand conversation?
- Do you have trouble hearing in a noisy background?
- Do you find yourself asking people to repeat themselves?
- Do many people you talk to seem to mumble or not speak clearly?
- Do you misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately?
- Do you have trouble understanding the speech of women and children?
- Do people get annoyed because you misunderstand what they say?