Effective August 2016, all Riverside Heart & Vascular Institute offices will be located on the North end of Riverside Medical Center. Click here for details.
State-of-the-Art Heart Care
Riverside Heart & Vascular Institute provides comprehensive and advanced treatments for heart and vascular disease. Riverside performed its first open heart surgery on November 8, 1999. As of December 2012, more than 2,600 open heart surgery procedures have been done at Riverside and more than 20,000 cardiac catheterizations.
Services of the Riverside Heart & Vascular Institute include:
- Atrial fibrillation management
- Heart valve repair and ventricular remodeling
- Off-pump bypass (performed without stopping the heart)
- Mitral valve surgery
- Electrophysiology diagnostics and management
- Women's heart awareness and education program
- Three advanced cardiac catheterization labs
- Heart Scan, screen to identify the potential for a heart attack
- Fully accredited Cardiac Rehabilitation Program