Returning to everyday activities after an illness or injury can be a challenging process. Riverside Home Health Care can help make this transition safer and easier for patients and their families.
A complete recovery often requires the services of many medical specialists. The Riverside Home Health Care allows a seamless transition between the hospital and home recovery by coordinating a team of home health professionals to carry out the physician-prescribed treatment plan. Nursing and therapeutic staff visit and care for patients in their home and are available 24 hours a day for questions or problems.
Our mission is to provide quality, caring home health care services that improve the health status of the communities we serve.
The following services are available through Riverside Home Health Care:Monitoring
When a new medication or treatment is prescribed, a nurse may be needed to ensure that it is performing as your doctor intended. The home health care nurse assesses your physical signs and symptoms, discusses how you feel and acts as the “eyes and ears” of your physician.Teaching
Although your physician explains your medications, your condition and the prescribed treatment plan,it can be hard to remember everything. Our nurses and therapists take the time to help you and your family fully understand what needs to be done in order to achieve independence and restore function.Treatment
Some of the more complicated therapies and treatments require the skills of a professional. Home health care nurses and therapists can carry out these treatments until you acquire the skills needed to become independent, or until they are no longer required.Rehabilitation
Home Health Care in-home rehabilitation services promote restoration of function, strength and balance. Our highly rated and experienced rehabilitation therapy team work hard to help you regain your mobility and your independence.Cardiac Rehabilitation
After heart surgery, our team of specially trained and experienced cardiac nurses can start you on your road to recovery immediately. Having an experienced and trained nurse begin your rehabilitation right away promotes a much quicker recovery. Also, the close observation and monitoring provided can detect complications quickly for prompt intervention or help to avoid complications altogether. Our nurses visit regularly and can help answer all questions during this often stressful time.
Home Health Care Team
The home health care team entrusted to care for you are all members of the Riverside family, so you can be sure that providing excellent care with compassion is their top priority. Our home health care professionals have been carefully selected and trained to provide quality care in the homes of our patients. They were chosen based on the same criteria we would use to evaluate someone caring for our loved ones.Our team includes the following home health care professionals:
- A primary nurse or therapist is the main care coordinator who works with your physician to plan nursing, therapy, pharmacy and other services.
- Registered nurses have experience in drug therapy management, ostomy care, post surgical and wound care, respiratory care management and diabetic care.
- Rehabilitation therapists are trained in physical, speech and occupational therapy. They lead patients through their physician-prescribed therapy and follow-up with their physician to adjust treatment as necessary.
- Certified nursing assistants help with daily hygiene. They can also assist with exercise programs and can remind patients when to take prescribed medications.
- Medical social workers help patients and families deal with the stress that is sometimes associated with recovery. They also help families locate community resources and assist with applications for various benefit programs.
Riverside Home Health Care meets the strictest standards of quality and safety. We are a state-licensed, Medicare-certified provider and are accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC).
For more information or to inquire about receiving home health care, please call 815-935-3272.