Access to Riverside Healthcare services and providers is available through a variety of Medicare Advantage insurance plans. In-network plans include those offered by Health Alliance of Illinois.
Plans may change. Please continue to check the in-network plans.
For a complete list of insurance plans accepted by Riverside Healthcare, please visit Insurance Plans Accepted by Riverside.
Why Medicare Advantage?
Consider the following when thinking of your coverage:
- Medicare Advantage (Part C) combines Part A + Part B + Part D (Rx drug coverage) into one comprehensive Part C plan.
- A Medicare Advantage plan is often less expensive than Original Medicare and Supplemental plans.
- EXTRA incentives offered with most Medicare Advantage plans in varying forms.
- Medicare allows you to opt out and return to traditional Medicare during the time period below.
- May cover additional benefits that Original Medicare does not cover.
- A health insurance plan that includes Riverside Medical Center providers will cover wellcare appointments, as well as a team dedicated to navigating the healthcare experience for patients.
When’s the Medicare Open Enrollment Period?
You can enroll in or change Medicare coverage every year during Medicare’s open enrollment period. Important dates to note:
- October 15 - December 7: Annual Enrollment Period.
- December 7: Last day to enroll in or change plans if coverage is to begin January 1. After this date, you can enroll or change plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- January 1: Coverage begins.
- January 1 – February 14 of each year, you have the opportunity to switch to Original Medicare.