At Riverside Medical Center, we realize the importance nurses play in delivery of exceptional healthcare. Nurses come here to work in an environment that fosters growth, advancement, contribution and continuing education. Here, there are opportunities that few institutions in the southern suburbs can offer.
Riverside nurses are vigilant in providing quality, caring services in a safe environment to our patients and families.
- Partnership – Nurses work in cooperation with patients, families and other care providers guided by open communication and decision-making.
- Integrity – Nurses are honest and ethical in all interactions with our patients, families, and colleagues.
- Excellence – Nurses strive to utilize best practices for optimal patient outcomes.
- Stewardship – Nurses are responsible for the use of hospital and patient resources in our practice of nursing.
Nursing is an art and human science dedicated to improving the physical, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual well-being of the patient. To that goal, we believe in:
- Collaborative, interdisciplinary, compassionate, vigilant care.
- Promoting excellent quality outcomes through the use of evidence based practice.
- Following ethical principles to protect the health, safety, and rights of patients, community, and colleagues.
- Facilitation of patient and family education throughout the continuum of care to promote wellness, safety, disease prevention, and healthy life styles.
- Continually striving to identify uniqueness, values, needs, and beliefs of our patients and families.
- Active participation in determining the practice care environment, a culture that supports empowerment and accountability.
- Education as the cornerstone that fosters professional growth, confidence, competence, critical thinking, and decision-making.
- An environment that nurtures and supports self-esteem and a love of nursing.
- The value of team members, a multidisciplinary approach which creates trusting relationships with our patients, families, and community.
- Being a patient advocate and calculated risk taker on behalf of our patients and families.
- Respect - Each Other, Us, Nursing at Riverside.
Riverside Medical Center: Professional Nursing Practice Model
Riverside HealthCare’s Model of Professional Nursing Practice was developed around the concept of "Vigilance." As the model evolved, the concept of "Vigilance" was important to operationalize at the individual, department, and organizational levels.