Riverside Medical Center has been named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery by HealthGrades®. Being the very best hospital for orthopedic surgery and care in the region gives patients who choose Riverside a step forward to getting back to doing what they love.
In addition to this distinction Riverside Medical Center has also received the following ratings and awards for excellence in orthopedic care:
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services
- ★★★★★ Five-Star Rated for Total Knee Replacement for 10 Years in a Row (2008-2017)
- ★★★★★ Five-Star Rated for Total Hip Fracture Treatment for 6 Years in a Row (2012-2017)
- ★★★★★ Five-Star Rated for Back Surgery
- ★★★★★ Five-Star Rated for Hip Replacement
Together, Riverside Medical Center and OAK Orthopedics created Total Joint Resources. The program combines leading-edge surgical techniques for knee and hip replacements with pre-and post-operative care that emphasizes rapid recovery and return to mobility.
Total Joint Resources patients spend less time in the hospital and in postoperative rehabilitation than the national average. Every aspect of care is state-of-the-art and highly coordinated—from preoperative testing through surgery and rehabilitation. Patients are closely followed before, during and after surgery by their surgeons, some of whom are nationally known and have helped design new hip and knee prostheses used for replacement surgery in the United States and abroad. Another surgeon was the first in the Chicago area to replace painful finger joints.