9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
The goals of the Pediatric Advanced Life Support Course are:
- Perform effective respiratory management skills for pediatric patients.
- Demonstrate appropriate electrical therapy for pediatric patients.
- Perform insertion of intraosseous needle for pediatric patients.
- Perform as a team or team member in simulated cases.
- Perform systematic approach to pediatric assessment of seriously ill infant or child.
- Recognize infant or child compensated or uncompensated shock and describe treatment.
Riverside Employee: $50
Non-Riverside Employee: $100
(Fees do not include cost of books.)
Riverside Medical Center is accredited by the Illinois State Medical Society to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians.
Riverside Medical Center designates this educational activity for a maximum of 5 (RECERT) and 11.5 (PROVIDER) AMA PRA Category 1 credits. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Rush University College of Nursing is an approved provider of continuing education by the Illinois Nurses' Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses' Credentialing Center Commission on Accreditation.
This CNE activity for the PALS Recertification Course is being offered for 5 hours.
This CNE activity for the PALS Provider Course is being offered for 11.5 hours.
This course is intended for healthcare providers with responsibilities for the well being of infants and children (i.e. pediatricians, emergency, and family physicians, nurses, and paramedics.)
- All applicants must have a current CPR provider card.
- All recertification applicants must be a current ACLS provider.